Our role as parents, grandparents, and teachers is to lead, guide, and walk beside our children. It is our privilege to help them become mature and capable adults, yet sometimes challenging curve balls our thrown at our children. The bumps in the road cause parents to want to do more to help their offspring more than they have in the past. Loving parents grasp for tools, resources and inspiration that help a children deal with:
- Self-doubt or confidence issues
- Relationship Issues
- School and learning challenges
- Unhealthy behaviors
- And a host of other issues and concerns.
Wise parents use prayer, faith, and hope to bring miracles into their children’s lives. I have found a few other tools that complement the other positive approaches you are already using to help your children.
1. Use the power of intention and your mind. Our intentions can create needed and desired miracles!
2. Think Positive. Our thoughts have energy and sensitive children pick up on this energy and often internalize whatever vibrations we are sending out. As new challenges pop up with each child, a parent spends time thinking about what is going on, how the situation is impacting their child, and what can be done. Kids pick up on these thoughts because EVERY THOUGHT HAS ENERGY TO IT! If you are thinking and analyzing a particular child’s current challenge, always end your thoughts with loving TRUTHFUL affirmations. Examples to use include:
- I believe in you.
- You will be fine.
- You are stronger than any problem or challenge.
- We will help you.
- You are worthy of our love, concerns, money, and efforts.
- We love you no matter what.
Whether your child is a toddler or a child-adult, they need to be receiving positive energy and light flowing from you. There is so much negative energy flowing from the world to our posterity, we must do all we can to flow the truthful powerful and positive statements we can to combat the negative.
3. Practice verbal affirmations with your child. Children yearn to feel good and any chid who can talk can repeat positive affirmations. Planting the affirmations in a young child’s brain is equivalent to building a solid foundation in a new building. The building is added to brick by brick, but the foundation is the key to the building. Think of the phrases that that run through your own head, don’t you want to be the one to plant the seeds that forever grow in your child’s mind? Effective affirmations to begin with include:
- I am loved.
- I am heard.
- I am understood
- I matter.
- I am safe.
- The world welcomes me.
- I am talented.
- I belong.
- I am strong.
- I am healthy.
- I am good.
- I have angels with me.
- I am a child of God.
At our house, we effectively use affirmations to release the negative energy in a few common situations. The process is extremely simple, yet it works. Here are two examples:
- Fear: When my son experiences fear, we wrap our arms around him and listen to his concerns. We take deep breaths together and then replace the fears with truths. If he is scared at night, we use affirmations like, “I am safe. I will always be safe. I can peacefully go to sleep. I dream about things I love like Legos, Sea World, and family vacation.” I have my child repeat the affirmations until he feels better and then send him back to bed.
- Self-doubt: If my child doubts his ability to perform or learn or do anything, we use the same approach described above. We listen and talk for a few minutes, take some deep breaths together and then move into the affirmations. I have my child repeat affirmations like, “I am capable. I will always be able to do great things. I have help when I need it. I am beautiful. I am smart. I am talented and I am discovering new things I love about myself.” We repeat affirmations until I can see in the child’s face that he feels okay. The face always tells me if a child truly feels okay or not. Seeing his countenance change confirms that his energy has changed and the energy work is completed.
4. Create with your children. Drawing, dancing, reading, pretending, and imagining are just the beginning of creative activities you can do together. Any type of creating will feed your child’s spirit. Strive to allow your child to indulge in creative pursuits of all types. We were created to create! Engaging in any positive creative activity increases our energy because it allows our spirits to reconnect to our bodies and we feel replenished, recharged, and more capable.
5. Give ‘em some of your good vibrations! Japanese researcher Masaru Emoto conducted numerous studies exploring the energetic power of certain attitudes and words. Love and gratitude were proven to be two of the strongest vibrations available. We all “love” our children and always carry that love for them. But did you know you can send your children that love in a way they can immediately feel?
I find it helpful to visualize my love in order to “send” it to someone. Picture all the love you have for your child, imagine his birth, the good moments you have had with him, the moments of pride as you watched him conquer new activities, and times where you knew he is a special gift from Heaven. Picture yourself just gathering pockets of love and putting them in a giant, ever-growing, overflowing basket or box. I then will mentally ask that Heaven add whatever love can be sent to my child. I picture sending the basket of love and my child opening it and receiving the love just like a special Christmas gift. Sometimes others are closed to our energy vibrations. In this case, I just leave the “gift” for the recipient by their bedroom door and let them know it is there as soon as they are ready to receive it. I have been amazed as I have sent “gifts of love” for my family members to receive. I find the recipient always feels more whole, is more loving themselves, and is more at peace with the world.
A quick way to still send powerful energy to a child (or anyone!) is to just say, “I love you! I love you! I love you!” You can also send gratitude, “Thank you! I appreciate you! You are wonderful!”
Have you ever felt an unexpected connection to someone in the middle of a busy day? Perhaps they were either sub-consciously or consciously sending good thoughts your way. Practice using these tools to help your children. You will find your children (no matter their ages) will appreciate remembering their true selves and worth as you shift the energy in your family.